Where as Leeanne is the chef in our partnership I am definately the bar tender! To be fair we make a great team!
With Christmas just 6 sleeps away – I thought I’d share my favourite cocktails with you – which are easy to whip up and your guests will love.
1. Champagne – I mean you can’t beat a perfect glass of champagne – chilled and bubbly. My all time favourite is Laurent Perrier Rose – the perfect arrival drink.
2. Espresso Martini – I tried my first ever espresso martini last Friday and wow I’m hooked! Tesco are currently doing a ready mixed finest selection and shaken with ice is an easy alternative. For the original recipe I use – 1 Part vodka, 1 Part Kahlua and 1 Part espresso – shaken with ice and served in a martini glass with some coffee beans. These make a lovely after dinner treat.
3. Gin & Tonic – my favourite tipple – my favourite gin in Brockmans with Fever Tree tonic and raspberries and mint for garnish. My top G&T tips – nice ice (clear and big) and an array of garnishes – grapefruit is lovely in gin as in rosemary! Cut these up ready in advance!
4. Amaretto on ice – beautiful slow drink. I bought a bottle of amaretto from Aldi! And it’s divine over ice in a tumbler!
5. Pink fizz – this is great in a jug with ice ready to serve – raspberry vodka, Prosecco and pink lemonade – this a real crowd pleaser and looks fab with garnish!
My top tips
A. Check what spirits you already have and google cocktails using these – nothing worse than having 50 bottles half used.
B. Good quality Ice
C. Small cans work better for me when we are having parties as each person has a small can and then no waste.
D. Prepare your drinks menu in advance so you know you have everything in.
E. Make sure the drinks you choose are easy! Nothing worse than measuring out 30 different spirits for one drink
F. Garnish Garnish Garnish
G. Drink responsibly